June 24, 2019
- 20 oz Grilled Chopped Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup Panola Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers-8 oz, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, plus more, as dip, optional
- 2 Lime, Halved
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 16 (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
- Sour cream, as dip, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grilled steak, Panola Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers-8 oz and salsa, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove steak mixture from the refrigerator, and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese, cumin and taco seasoning, and mix to combine. This is your filling. Set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Dampen 2 paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- Place one tortilla flat on a clean dry surface (keep the rest between the paper towels), and spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll the tortilla up tightly, so that you have a cigar-shaped tube. Secure with toothpicks, if needed, and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake in the oven until crispy, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa for dipping, if using. Enjoy!