Spicy & Sweet Jalapeno Caramel Corn
June 24, 2019
- 1 jar of Panola Spicy and Sweet Jalapenos
- 6 cups of Popped Kettle Corn or Regular Popcorn
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of chopped pecans
- First of all pop your popcorn according to the package directions.
- Set aside. In a medium saucepan melt your butter then stir in the sugar, honey 3-4 tsp (more or less depending on how spicy you want it) of the jalapeno juice from the jar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for another 5-7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until the sauce is a nice golden color.
- Remove from heat and add in the baking soda, salt and garlic powder, vanilla and pecans.
- Remove a handful of jalapenos from the jar and roughly chop them. Add them to the pot and combine.
- Now place your popcorn in a large bowl and drizzle the caramel sauce over it. Toss to coat as much of the popcorn as you can.
- Transfer the popcorn to a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, stirring often until the popcorn is lightly golden. Allow to cool completely. ENJOY