Panola Gourmet BBQ Slow-Cooked Ribs
June 24, 2019
- 2 full racks/slabs (about 4 1/2 pounds) baby back pork ribs
- 1 – 16oz Bottle of Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- Kosher salt
- Place each rib rack on a sheet of extra-wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil. (The foil should be 4 inches longer than the ribs on either end.) Season racks with kosher salt. Turn the ribs, meat side down, and tightly seal each foil pouch. Place on a half sheet pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Open 1 end of each pouch and evenly divide 1/2 cup Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce between the 2 pouches. Reseal the pouches and place the sheet pan in the oven for 2 hours. Remove the ribs from the oven, carefully open 1 end of each pouch and pour the braising liquid out. Reseal the pouches and place them and the measuring cup of liquid into the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Set a gas grill to medium-high and allow to heat for 10 minutes. Cut each slab in half and place them on the grill, flesh side down, close the lid and decrease the heat to medium. Leave alone for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes on each side 1 more time or until each rib has a nice char. Remove the ribs from the grill to a cutting board. and cut into 2 rib portions, using kitchen shears. Add the ribs and smothered in the remaining Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce to a large serving bowl and toss to thoroughly coat. Serve the remaining glaze on the side.