Panola BBQ Chicken
June 24, 2019
- 2 chickens (or 4 whole bone-in chicken breasts) halved lengthwise
- 1 – 16oz Bottle of Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- Rinse chicken halves in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large bowl or baking dish, coat with Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce. For best results, allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Thirty minutes before you’re ready to cook, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. Preheat the grill to a medium temperature, about 275 degrees F preferably over hickory and charcoal.
- Place the chicken halves on grill, meat side down. Cover grill and cook for about 50 minutes. Flip chicken over and let it brown until the chicken becomes golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. The wing and the drumstick should become very tender and will easily pull away at the joints. Brush the chicken with additional Panola Gourmet BBQ Sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.