Mexican Pasta Salad
June 24, 2019
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 1 can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 purple onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup Panola Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Panola Pecan Oil
- 1 Tbs. Panola Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad: Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Put the corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onions, purple onions, Panola Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers, and cilantro in a big bowl and toss to combine.
- For the dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the salsa, sour cream, mayonnaise, Panola Pecan Oil, Panola Cajun Hot Sauce, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad ingredients and fold together until everything is coated. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Top with cilantro to garnish.
- Serve chilled.