June 24, 2019
- 1 Tbs. Panola Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ bottle Panola Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1 bottle Panola Clearly Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Panola Jalapeno Mustard, plus some for rub
- 4 Tbs. Panola Poultry Seasoning, plus some for rub
- ½ bottle Italian dressing
- ½ cup water
- 1 (12-14 lb.) turkey
- Peanut oil
- Turkey frying pot with Turkey stand
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a blender. You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate.
- Inject the turkey inside and out with a syringe using all the mixture made in the blender. Rub the turkey with Panola mustard and season generously with Panola Poultry Seasoning. Season the turkey until you think you have done too much.
- Place the turkey on the stand with breast down.
- When ready to cook (outdoors), heat approximately 5 gallons peanut oil to 350 degrees. Submerge turkey and let it fry for 3-4 minutes per pound of turkey. Cover with a lid if you have one. Make sure your oil maintains at 350 degrees. Let it rest until cook enough to slice. Be sure to leave the skin on when slicing – people LOVE the skin.