Crawfish Etoufee – The Best Ever!
June 14, 2019
- 2 lbs. peeled crawfish tails
- 3 tbs. Panola Gourmet Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme
- Panola Popcorn Rice, prepared
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 large onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper
- ½ cup celery
- 2 tbs. flour
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth/vegetable broth/seafood broth, any will be fine
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- ½ can of cream of mushroom soup
- Sauté onions, garlic, green onion bottoms, bell pepper, and celery in butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and lightly brown.
- Add the broth and stir.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and stir until all in combined.
- Add all the seasonings left above as well as the Panola Gourmet Pepper Sauce, plus I usually add a tablespoon or so of my favorite all-purpose seasoning.
- Once everything is well incorporated, add the clean crawfish tails. I will sometimes add a few tablespoons of Panola liquid crab boil to my clean crawfish tails and toss it all together before adding to the sauce. This helps the tails taste like they were cooked in a crawfish boil versus coming from a bag.
- Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes to let all the flavor incorporate into the sauce.
- At the last minute, top with green onion tops and parsley.
- Serve over Panola Popcorn Rice.