June 24, 2019
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup syrup from Panola Spicy Sweet Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon Panola Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the asparagus spears into 12 bundles.
- Carefully wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle, starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the tips. Secure the bacon-wrapped spears with a toothpick.
- Lay the bundles in a low-sided casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the jalapeno syrup, butter, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the hot syrup mixture over the asparagus bundles.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and roast until the spears have begun to wilt and the bacon looks fully cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.